Thursday, April 3, 2008
Thirteen Things I Love about Spring
1. Pussy willows blooming against a blue sky.
2. The smell of rich earth.
3. The reappearance of chairs and tables on my patio.
4. More sunlight.
5. Birds swooping around my yard and singing at the tops of their little lungs.
6. The first purple crocuses coming up through the snow.
7. The greening of the grass.
8. The absence of winter coats, hats, mittens, and scarves.
9. More energy to write.
10. Planning summer gardens.
11. Seeing neighbors I haven’t seen since we all crawled into our houses in November.
12. The first spring thunderstorms.
13. Buds on the trees.